Monday, March 30, 2009

The Dance

Last Saturday my friends and I got all gussied up and went to a dance. The dance was out in discovery park in a three story building…how cool is that. Need I say we were all very excited….

until we got inside.

There were only a couple of people and all of them were high schoolers, YIKES, and yes I know it was only a year ago that I was a little tike excited for a big college adventure, but now I get to look down on these youngiens (kidding and yes I frequently make up my own words).

We decided to stay and make it cool bahahahaha.

Well pretty soon tons of college kids came and it got really fun for a bought 30 minutes and then there were too many people. (I sound like Goldie locks).

Soon the dance floor got crowded and very interesting. Growing up in Saint Johns my idea of dancing is bobbing up and down and on a slow dance being a good foot away from your partner. This was NOT how they were dancing; I just couldn’t fathom how anyone would be comfortable doing what they were doing. Not only did it not look fun but it seemed highly scandalous. I could go into details but this is a family blog. All you need to know is that they were all very close to each other and it wasn’t pretty. They basically showed Baby and Jonny what real dirty dancing is all about (if you have not seen the movie Dirty Dancing….you are not missing out. Sorry if that offends anyone).

And the most shocking thing about the dance was they were mostly Mormons. WHAT!?

My roommates and I were flabbergasted, and there were return missionaries dancing too. Now my roomies and I are going to make it mandatory that we see our husbands dance before we’re married, the more awkward and far apart the better hahaha. I have to mention there was a return missionary who came up to us and was as disturbed as we were. Needless to say he got major points in our book, as did all the guys that looked liked deer caught in headlights at the dance. (didn't know girls kept points, well now you do)

Anyhoo we still had fun in our little corner bobbing away. I love how weird my roomies and I are :)

2 comments:

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

It's good to know that the girls appreciate proper behavior in dancing. You guys all just got points in my book. :)

Race Davis said...

OH! you caught me....me and my dirty dancing. shucks....i didn;t think you saw me.