Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Mumbler

Here at EA my roommates and I have come across a lot of interesting people, namely guys. Now when I say interesting I mean guys ranging from slightly off to complete crazies. A couple of these guys have made such an impact on our lives that we have made up nic-names to describe them. We have Vampire Guy, Brownie Boy, The Giggler, Guy Who Makes Us Feel Uncomfortable, and have recently added a new guy to this group of odd men named The Mumbler. Now The Mumbler got his name because he mumbles to the point where you can’t understand him. My first encounter with the Mumbler went like this

Mumber: flhey hkwhaut bis uryour memename.

Me: uh……..excuse me

Mumbler: Hldou mmyou mmwhave a mmboyfriend

Me: (I caught the word boyfriend and even thought I don’t like to lie I said this) um…sure.

I thought since I had made up a fake boyfriend that this would give him reason to stop coming by, but instead he visits me every day at work and talks to me for 15 minutes on average. I have yet been able to distinguish what he is saying. Our conversations consist of me saying Ya, no, um.., excuse me, and what did you say. Well after our initial awkward conversation I see him everywhere I go and yesterday Marisa came home and started complaining about this guy who she can’t understand who is following her and I immediately made the connection. We both knew The Mumbler! I guess we are not the first to be stalked by this incoherent bandit and certainly not the last. Even though I have come up with clever devices to keep The Mumbler at bay (such as pretending I’m on the phone with someone, or hiding behind bushes) he still finds me, he has memorized my work schedule....yikes!