Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ravings of a Game Room Worker

Last week I was working my shift in the game room and I was supposed to end at 7. At 7:15 I realized that my replacement had bailed. Now this should not be too shocking since he showed up late the week before because his girlfriend’s sister died (or so he says).

But what really gets me is he came in at 6 during my shift to check when his shift started. Which makes me wonder why he did not just inform me then that he was going to be an irresponsible jerk who intended to leave me in the game room till 9:00 still trying to find a replacement?
I mean really how hard would it have been to say,

“Excuse me Lora, I’m just a stupid negligent boy who had decided to waste your time through my immature actions.”

To which I would have responded in saying,

“Sweet, now I will engage in calling my family and friends and telling them in advance why I do not like you.”

See I can totally be civilized; all you have to do is tell me in advance when you're going to ruin my night.

Anyhoo I guess I just have to be thankful that I got more money to put towards Europe!!!

No comments: