Thursday, October 1, 2009

David and Goliath

Last night my roomies and I went to eat at the lunchroom and boy were we starving. Some people complain about the food, but I usually can find something really good to eat and being poor and underfed makes you love just about any kind of food that is given to you. Well when we got in line we discovered that it was quesadilla night!!! On these special occasions students are allowed to pick their toppings and have a special quesadilla made up just for them. The line for the quesadillas was much longer then the regular line, but I thought it would be totally worth it. I got to the front of the line and ordered mine with all the toppings I loved and continued to the wall to wait patiently as they cooked it.

Then came the football players from practice. Now these brutes like to cut in line and have on occasion stolen others ordered quesadillas that they have been waiting for. This has always upset me, but no one has been stupid enough to actually take mine so it’s never been a personal problem.

Until tonight when it got personal.

I’m standing waiting for about 10 minutes when Marisa tells me that someone has stolen my order and I knew it would be one of those insufferable football players. So I followed her pointed finger and found my thief.

A 6’8” 300lbs massive giant of a man, but this did not in the least discourage me from clamming what was rightfully mine. This is how the confrontation went down.

Me: Excuse me, is that you’re Quesadilla

Brute: umm….

Me: Cause I’m pretty sure its mine

Brute: uhhhhh….

Me: (with hand outstretched) can I have it back. Thank you

Brute: ( looking like a little boy who has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar) sorry.

BOOYAAA!!!

The quesadilla was retrieved.

(And even though it sounds like I was polite there was a lot of animosity in-between the pleasantries lol)

3 comments:

Madilyn Jane said...

Lora, I'm very proud of you. You actually stood up for yourself. :)

Kelly Marie said...

I can't believe you took on that man! You didn't even have to fight him for it! Wooshe Lora. Wooshe.

Monica said...

That is stink'n hillarious!!! I am busting up as I type. You go on with your bad self! Seriously, how long do you think it took for that fool to figure out what just happened. LOL!!!