Monday, October 19, 2009

Saturday Surprises

This weekend I did two unexpected, crazy, and completely out of character things:

First, I woke up early on a Saturday…. 8:00 people!!!!

Second, I went to the gym after I woke up!!!!

I know most of you are sitting staring at this screen in unbelief, but belief it cause I couldn’t make this stuff up.

Since I had never been to the gym so early on a Saturday….or ever on a Saturday for that matter, I didn’t know what to expect. Usually every day of the week there is a certain crowd at the gym for example,

Monday’s are for all the girls who ate too much junk on the weekend and are determined to work out all week......but typically barely make it past Monday.

Tuesday = the regulars

Wednesday’s are the girls from Monday who are mad at themselves for missing Tuesdays work out.

Thursday’s = the regulars

Friday’s are for the girls who know they are going to eat to much on the weeked so they decided to get a head start on burning all those carbs.

This weekend I discovered that Saturday’s are for the elderly.

No joke I walk in and everyone is over 70 and most have canes and walkers to help them get from machine to machine. One guy even had someone carrying him around.

But my favorite person there was this little old lady who could not fathom leaving her pet parrot home so she brought him to the gym in his cage. Now that is a dedicated pet owner.

No comments: