Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Last Semester?


Summer is gone and there is nothing I can do about it. Since I regularly describe my life through others’ words, I do believe that this quote aptly explains my last four months.

“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life,” -Twain.                                                              

Yes those months were ideal, but alas they are over and I am in for a rude awakening. This semester is when I finally have to decide what I’m doing with my life. So far, my indecision has left me taking far too many classes that may never actually pay off. This week alone consists of me hauling my out of shape body to 10 + classes in hopes that I can choose five that I want to take. And that work load is on top of an internship and a part time job. Should be super…

In lieu of this class schedule from Hell, I think this will be my quote for the week.

“Let us advance and advance on Chaos and the Dark,” - Emerson.

Real pick me upper right? Ultimately, I know that all I can do is keep moving forward through the chaos until I find the light (Lora's definition of light: a career plan, a job I love, a rich husband, or stumbling upon a vast fortune).

Let’s just hope I can find that light before my hair gets any curler and I don’t dare leave the house. 

No comments: