Friday, August 17, 2012

Hair Dye Strikes Again


Do you guys all remember the year long showing of Lora’s Technicolor Dreamhair?

If you don’t, here is a recap. I somehow manage to turn my hair red, purple, blue, and black…in one year. You would think that that vast experience in humiliation would have stopped me from ever trying again. But you know me, I’m no quitter.

False: I am a quitter. I have actually quit a lot of things: piano, violin, flute, basketball, volleyball, dating….

I guess a truer statement would be I don’t quit the things I should. In fact, I stubbornly refuse to quit the very things that are the worst for me.

Here is an example. I hate the show Dawson’s Creek. I am currently in season 6. Season 6! Do you know how many episodes I had to watch to get to that? A lot. And I hated every minute of it.

Anyhoo, I decided that my hair needed a little fall color to get me ready for the school year. I guess I should have been more specific. I was channeling fall in the sense of a rich brown color. Instead, I got a bright leafy orange.

Orange!

Now I shouldn’t be so dramatic. Technically it’s not completely orange. Technically, it’s only orange for the first few inches. Technically, it could be worse…but not by much.

It’s like I have a reverse melt. (Definition of Melt: Dark hair at the roots melting into a lighter shade towards the ends.)

Now before you start judging me for once again doing something stupid (this is directed to you mom), I actually consulted a professional. I guess I’m using ‘professional’ a little loosely; she was a saleswoman at Sally’s. BUT she did pick out my colors and promised a rich brown color and in the words of Pratt “And I believed her! I believed her!”

(Pratt was the unfortunate character on “Almost Heroes” that believed his straw women when she said it was ok to smoke. This resulted in her starting on fire and Pratt loosing the love of his life.)

Pratt and I have a lot in common

I guess the only great thing about this turn of events is I have now accomplished my 9th goal for this summer: Do something stupid.

Yay me!?

Also, I accomplished my 8th goal: make my hair grow an inch. Unfortunately, only my left side fulfilled the goal and I ended up having to cut off my hard earned inch so my left side would match my much shorter right side. So let’s give three cheers to curly hair bobs!

No comments: