Sunday, January 15, 2012

You Make My Dreams Come True

Having a bad day? Having a good day that you want to make exponentially better? Well give this little beaut a listen.


So why did Hall & Oates “You Make My Dreams” make it on the blog? Well It’s not because I spent a great deal of my Friday night and my friends Friday night playing the best of Hall and Oates muttering ‘who knew’ over and over again.

And it’s not because I woke up Saturday morning, instantly turned it on, and selected replay for the next couple of hours. {I’m pretty sure my roommates loved it…pretty sure}

No, the reason this song makes the blog is because of what happened Saturday afternoon. This Saturday I decided that instead of doing homework I was going to Barnes and Noble, my happy place. The one place where I can plunge shoulder deep into my eternal love of books and in the midst of this love be wrapped up in the divine smells of fresh coffee and new books. BUT there was one problem....

In order to go to Barnes and Noble I had to leave my song behind. See I don’t have and ipod connecter in my car and I didn’t have a cd to burn the song to. Alas, I was going to have to abandon one love for another.

When I got in my car I started thinking how magnificent that song was and how disturbing my love for it had become. Then I made a simple wish, “I wish I could listen to it now.” So I twisted my radio button and bam “you make my dreams come true” came bursting out of my stereo. Bursting. The lyrics were right, this song made my dream come true. And that is why a song made it on the blog.

And no shouting my love for this song of the rooftops of my blog is not my clever way of telling the world I’m in l.o.v.e. In fact, the internet will be the last person who finds out. Mostly because we had a brief fling in 08 and ever since things have been AWKward.

3 comments:

Madilyn Jane said...

This song is very catchy I can see why you love it!!

Race Davis said...

Wait. You dated the internet in 08? What month? Was it cheating on me with you? Ugh I feel so used.

Lora said...

And this is exactly why I refrain from posting about dating on the blog....AWKward.