Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Neon Clad Tyrant

After the fiasco that ensued the last time I wrote about a boy I have firmly decided to never write about this gender ever again. But alas I have come in contact with what could possibly be the most obnoxious boy to ever grace a literature class. And now I find it hard not to compose scathing reviews of his very character and choice of clothes while suffering through his pompous banter. {ya I wrote this during class... you would to if you were reading Christabel for the 3rd time!}

He is a neon clad tyrant who sits high in his corner seat waiting to swoop in and save us from our failed attempts to glean personal truths from the text. Then he deems to enlighten us to his 'correct' way of thinking with his pointless and condescending opinions. Heaven forbid the nice lady {she's over 40 so I can call her this} dare comment without receiving an eye roll accompanied by an audible sigh.

He even has the audacity to go full on tool with the teacher {
nothing bothers me more than someone being disrespectful to a teacher}. Example;


Teacher: Neon Clad Tyrant, why do you believe that really dumb thing you just said {
this may or may not be what he actually said...but it's close}


NCT: It's self explanatory
{gasp} {eye roll} is there really any point to me explaining it. {EXACTLY what he did}


He even was foolish enough to pull that with me. Here's what happened, the teacher told us to divide into groups and discuss our papers. I unfortunately sat too close to the NCT and was roped into his group. When I asked the NCT about his paper he looked at me, looked back at his papers, started rubbing his ever-rolling-eyes in frustration, looked back at his paper and physically turned away from me.


To which I responded by laughing and laughing and laughing {
I have come to learn that nothing annoys an arrogant boy more than laughing at him}.


Now on to his clothes. His colors of choice have a running theme of random, bright, madness. Who ever thought to pair neon yellow pants with red socks and purple shoes had to be deeply intoxicated. Where do you even find these clothes {
perhaps the men's section of Forever 21}. Each outfit is more disturbing than the last and makes me question his right to criticize other peoples opinions while his ability to choose a wardrobe is so obviously lacking.


So what makes me so brazen to post about his boy without fear that he will find out. Three reasons:


1. I'm positive we have no friends in common. There is no way on this green earth that any friend of mine would associate with this fiend.


2. He would never lower himself to read the rif raf that is this blog.


3. I kind of hope he does read this. Maybe it will make him reconsider his life choices; namely his choices to be rude, intolerant, and ill-dressed.

3 comments:

Race Davis said...

I love this post more than a human baby. There is always one of those people out there. I will warn you of a similar species: the English major girl with a weird hat and a shirt with cats on it. She always seems to have a weird hat. A missionary companion of mine (who is at byu btw) told me of his battles with "weird hat English major girl".

P.S. If YOU are the weird hat english major girl, i'm sorry.

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

In a way, all of us has an Neon Clad Tyrant to face. For some, shyness might be their NCT. For others, a lack of education might be their NCT...But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of BYU can conquer their own personal NCT, who also happens to be the actual NCT!

Kelly Marie said...

Oh how I loathe NCT. He is the bane of my English major existence. You can bet each time I peer-reviewed one of his crummy papers, it was indubitably slashed.

Did that emo rant just come out my fingers? Surprising. But that is what a NCT does to you I suppose.