Saturday, September 24, 2011

Picking the right song is essential....

Saturday’s are for homework…and everyone knows one can’t study without obscenely loud music playing in the background.

It kills me I can’t find this on itunes. This song combines the quirkiness of passion pit with the groovy vibe of the Jackson five. I am forever grateful to Forever 21 for playing this whilst I was perusing clothes I couldn’t afford. So listen and you’re welcome.

Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People

I can’t pin point exactly why I love this song. Maybe it’s the catchy beat or interesting vocals, but more than likely it’s the disturbing lyrics. “All the other kids with the pumped up kicks better out run out run my gun....better run, run faster than my bullet.” You gotta love unexplained and irrational violence.

She (for liz)

I got tickets to a Parachute concert and I’m in prep mode for the next month. Those tickets and the songs set me back groceries for the next 2 weeks, but it’s going to be totally worth it.

Before the Worst by the Script…I love this band. L.O.V.E

Every once in a while I throw in a song from a movie soundtrack and then just hit replay for a while.

Here are my top 3

River waltz from The painted veil - a sad movie that at one point makes you question if her husband is actually trying to kill her for having an affair. No worries though, they do fall in love, but then a disease turns him blue and eventually kills him. And even though she has a child with a man who is not her husband she still names the little boy after her dead husband and doesn't go back to her ex-lover {reminder: never use the word ‘lover’ on the blog again} awww how romantic....

503 from Angels and Demons {this is now the alarm I wake up to}

Discombobulate from Sherlock Holmes {brilliant, can’t wait for the sequel}

Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer….this is the rope of sanity pulling me up from the pit of despair.

After that I throw in some Adele and call it quits.

2 comments:

Race Davis said...

See I'm totally different, I have to have classical music going. if it has words it throws me off. Beethoven's 9th (2nd movement especially) has been my favorite as of late.

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Im with Race, if I listen to music while I write an essay suddenly lyrics start popping up and I get accused of plagiarizing